NEW MUSIC INCUBATOR KONSTANCIN
New Music Incubator Konstancin is a project that brings together professional new music practitioners (musicians, composers, improvisers, electronic music artist, sound artists, etc.) from the EU countries for a period of collaborative creative research. The participants will be professional artists who collectively employ a range of approaches to music and sound production including improvisation, composition and sound art, as well as classical and non-classical performers and composers. Through this meeting, New Music Incubator hopes to promote mutual professional development, skill sharing and the development of strong networks for future projects.
New Music Incubator Konstancin is organised in 2 phases:
18 – 23 September 2017
20 selected new music practitioners from various EU countries met at Konstancin, Poland. For three days, the participants created music together, in new groups every day. 22 September, the groups performed a public concert as a Fringe event on the Warsaw Autumn Festival.
17 – 19 February 2018
The participants will meet again in Brussels to re-develop, rehearse and perform some of the works for a public concert. This phase may result in live recordings/streaming of the works and will complete a creative cycle for the participants.
The call for participation has been closed and the 20 final participants have been chosen.
- Sara Glojnarić (HR, composer)
- Liina Saar (EE, voice/composer)
- Jukka-Pekka Lehto (FI, flute)
- Neff Irizarry (FI, guitar)
- Yoanna Ayers (GE/PL, mezzo)
- Sylvia Hinz (DE, recorder)
- Balint Komenczi (HU, sound artist)
- Stephen McEvoy (IE, sound artist)
- Massimo Varchione (IT, composer)
- Aleksandra Popovska (NL/MK, voice/composer)
- Kamila Olas (PL, accordion)
- Anna Szmatoła (PL, cello)
- Przemysław Michalak (PL, composer/percussion)
- Krzysztof Ratajski (PL, composer/piano)
- Tomasz Sośniak (PL, piano)
- Madeleine Jonsson Gille (SE, voice/composer)
- Lars Carlsson (SE, composer)
- Henrik Denerin (SE, composer)
- Rebecca Hardwick (UK, soprano)
- Stéphane Orlando (BE, composer)
In the first phase of NMI, the participants came together for five days of artistic and networking courses in Konstancin, Poland. The result of their creative process was performed during the Warsaw Autumn festival as a fringe event:
When: 16:00, 22 September 2017
Where: Sala Widowiskowa Domu Pod Krolami, Warsaw
The second phase, consists of a second performance in Brussels, where the participants can perform together for a second time.
When: 19 February 2018, 19.00
Where: Central Brussels, Belgim
Martin Q Larsson (NMI) & Alicja Swierczek (ECSA)